a. Any State association shall have the right to make written application to the commissioner for permission to establish and operate an agency or agencies as defined in section 9 of this act subject to the following requirements:
(1) The State association may, pursuant to resolution of its board, establish and operate an agency or agencies on written application to the commissioner.
(2) The commissioner shall determine the conditions under which he shall permit the establishment of the agency or agencies.
(3) No agency shall be established in a municipality whose population at the time of the establishment of such agency exceeds 3,500.
(4) No agency shall be established in a municipality wherein there is located the principal or branch office of an insured association.
(5) No business shall be transacted at an agency other than the following:
(a) The receipt of payments on savings accounts,
(b) The receipt of payments on loans, and
(c) The receipt of payments on other obligations to the State association.
(6) An agency shall not be deemed a branch office or an auxiliary office within the meaning of sections 24 and 29 of this act.
b. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection a. of this section, any State association may, without approval of the commissioner, to the extent authorized by its board of directors, establish or maintain, within the same state as the principal office of the association, agencies which only service and originate, but do not approve, loans and contracts or which manage or sell real estate owned by the association, or both. Except for payment of savings accounts and loan approval services, offering of any services not listed in this subsection may be approved by the commissioner.
L.1963, c. 144, s. 37. Amended by L.1981, c. 376, s. 8, eff. Dec. 31, 1981.
Section: Previous 17-12b-30 17-12b-31 17-12b-32 17-12b-33 17-12b-34 17-12b-35 17-12b-36 17-12b-37 17-12b-37.1 17-12b-38 17-12b-38.1 17-12b-39 17-12b-40 17-12b-40.1 17-12b-45 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016