17:9A-152. Effect of conversion
Upon compliance with the requirements of this article,
(1) the bank shall be authorized to transact business pursuant to this act;
(2) the property and rights of the national banking association shall vest in the bank without further act or deed;
(3) the rights and obligations of the national banking association shall become the rights and obligations of the bank;
(4) if the bank is a qualified bank, it shall, without further act or deed and without order or judgment of any court, succeed the national banking association in every fiduciary and agency capacity of the association, unless prohibited by the instrument under which the association acted in such fiduciary or agency capacity; and
(5) any pending action by or against the national banking association shall survive its conversion into a bank, and the bank shall be substituted for the association.
L.1948, c. 67, p. 291, s. 152. Amended by L.1953, c. 17, p. 171, s. 27.
Section: Previous 17-9a-145 17-9a-146 17-9a-147 17-9a-148 17-9a-149 17-9a-150 17-9a-151 17-9a-152 17-9a-153 17-9a-154 17-9a-154.1 17-9a-155 17-9a-156 17-9a-157 17-9a-158 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016