17:9A-360. Notice of dissent; "dissenting stockholder" defined
(1) Any stockholder of a participating bank electing to dissent from the plan of acquisition may do so by filing with the participating bank of which he is a stockholder, a written notice of such dissent, stating that he intends to demand payment for his shares if the plan of acquisition becomes effective. Such dissent shall be filed before the taking of the vote of the stockholders on the plan of acquisition pursuant to section 5.
(2) Within 10 days after the date on which the plan of acquisition is approved by stockholders of a participating bank as provided in section 5 hereof, such bank shall give notice of such approval by certified mail to each stockholder who has filed written notice of dissent pursuant to subsection (1) of this section, except any who voted for or consented in writing to such plan of acquisition.
(3) Within 20 days after the mailing of such notice, any stockholder to whom the participating bank was required to give such notice, may make written demand on the participating bank for the payment of the fair value of his shares. A stockholder who makes a demand pursuant to this subsection (3) is hereafter in this act referred to as a "dissenting stockholder." Upon making such demand, the dissenting stockholder shall cease to have any rights of a stockholder except the right to be paid the fair value of his shares and any other rights of a dissenting stockholder under this act.
(4) Not later than 20 days after demanding payment for his shares pursuant to this section, the stockholder shall submit the certificate or certificates representing such shares to the participating bank of which he is a stockholder for notation thereon that such demand has been made, whereupon such certificate or certificates shall be returned to him. If shares represented by a certificate on which such notation has been made shall be transferred, each new certificate issued therefor shall bear similar notation, together with the name of the original dissenting holder of such shares, and a transferee of such shares shall acquire by such transfer no rights other than those which the original dissenting stockholder had after making a demand for payment of the fair value thereof.
(5) A stockholder may not dissent as to less than all of the shares owned beneficially by him. A nominee or fiduciary may not dissent on behalf of any beneficial owner as to less than all of the shares of such owner.
L.1969, c. 118, s. 6, eff. June 30, 1969.
Section: Previous 17-9a-342 17-9a-343 17-9a-355 17-9a-356 17-9a-357 17-9a-358 17-9a-359 17-9a-360 17-9a-361 17-9a-362 17-9a-363 17-9a-364 17-9a-365 17-9a-366 17-9a-367 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016