17:9A-385. Factors for consideration
In determining whether to approve an acquisition of shares or offer to acquire shares pursuant to section 2 of this act, the commissioner shall consider the following factors:
a. With respect to the applicant:
(1) The financial condition and the resources of the applicant;
(2) The competence, character, and banking experience of the applicant, including the applicant's record of compliance with laws and regulations;
(3) Whether the applicant has (i) employed any device, scheme or artifice to defraud; or (ii) obtained or will obtain any money or property by means of any untrue statement of a material fact or any omission of a material fact; or (iii) engaged in any act, transaction, practice or course of business which operates or would operate as a fraud or deceit upon the capital stock savings bank, the shareholders of the capital stock savings bank, the depositors thereof, or the public at large; and
(4) The applicant's plans and intentions with respect to the operation of the capital stock savings bank.
b. With respect to the capital stock savings bank:
(1) The financial condition and prospects of the capital stock savings bank, which shall include consideration as to the sufficiency of current or projected capital positions, as well as the level of indebtedness of the capital stock savings bank before and after the acquisition;
(2) The convenience and needs of the depositors and the communities served by the capital stock savings bank; and
(3) The effect of the proposed acquisition on the safety and soundness of the capital stock savings bank.
c. Whether approval of the application would result in a person owning more shares than are permitted by the capital stock savings bank's charter or bylaws, in which case the commissioner shall not approve the application; except that this subsection shall not apply to an application for the acquisition of shares of a capital stock savings bank that the commissioner determines is in an unsafe or unsound condition.
In the event the commissioner grants approval of an acquisition of shares as described in subsection a. of this section, the approval shall apply only to the specific transaction set forth by the applicant in his application, and any subsequent acquisition which would further increase the applicant's beneficial ownership or control of the then-outstanding voting shares of the capital stock savings bank shall require the commissioner's prior approval in the same manner required under this act.
L. 1987, c. 201, s. 4.
Section: Previous 17-9a-366 17-9a-367 17-9a-368 17-9a-369 17-9a-382 17-9a-383 17-9a-384 17-9a-385 17-9a-386 17-9a-387 17-9a-388 17-9a-389 17-9a-390 17-9a-391 17-9a-392 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016