17:9A-61. Unlimited liability
This article shall not apply to:
(1) loans to or investments in obligations of the United States, this State or any county of this State, or investments in obligations unconditionally guaranteed both as to principal and interest by the United States or this State;
(2) obligations to the extent that they are secured or covered by guarantees or by commitments or agreements to take over or to purchase made by any Federal Reserve Bank or by the United States, or by any department, bureau, board, commission or establishment of the United States, including any corporation, wholly-owned directly or indirectly by the United States; provided, that such guarantees, agreements or commitments are unconditional and must be performed by payment of cash or its equivalent within 60 days after demand;
(3) obligations in the form of drafts or bills of exchange drawn in good faith against actually existing values, whether or not accepted by the drawee;
(4) obligations in the form of bankers' acceptances which are eligible for rediscount with a Federal Reserve bank;
(5) obligations arising out of the discount of negotiable or nonnegotiable commercial or business paper actually owned by the person negotiating the same;
(6) demand balances owing by a reserve depositary arising out of deposits made pursuant to article 10;
(7) obligations resulting from daily clearances through any clearing house association;
(8) demand balances owing by a bank, or by a national banking association having its principal office in this State, or by a bank or trust company incorporated under the laws of any other State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia, or by a national banking association having its principal office in any other State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia; and
(9) obligations of any diocese, synod, presbytery or other corporate governing body of any religious denomination organized as a corporation pursuant to the laws of the State of New Jersey as guarantor of or endorser of obligations of a church under its jurisdiction.
L.1948, c. 67, p. 239, s. 61. Amended by L.1949, c. 56, p. 352, s. 1; L.1950, c. 75, p. 133, s. 1; L.1955, c. 110, p. 579, s. 1.
Section: Previous 17-9a-59.35 17-9a-59.36 17-9a-59.37 17-9a-59.38 17-9a-59.39 17-9a-59.40 17-9a-60 17-9a-61 17-9a-62 17-9a-63 17-9a-63.1 17-9a-64.1 17-9a-70.1 17-9a-70.2 17-9a-71 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016