18A:12-26. Financial disclosure statement
6. a. Each school official shall annually file a financial disclosure statement with the School Ethics Commission. All financial disclosure statements filed pursuant to this act shall include the following information which shall specify, where applicable, the name and address of each source and the school official's position:
(1) Each source of income, earned or unearned, exceeding $2,000 received by the school official or a member of his immediate family during the preceding calendar year. Individual client fees, customer receipts or commissions on transactions received through a business organization need not be separately reported as sources of income. If a publicly traded security or interest derived from a financial institution is the source of income, the security or interest derived from a financial institution need not be reported unless the school official or member of his immediate family has an interest in the business organization or financial institution;
(2) Each source of fees and honorariums having an aggregate amount exceeding $250 from any single source for personal appearances, speeches or writings received by the school official or a member of his immediate family during the preceding calendar year;
(3) Each source of gifts, reimbursements or prepaid expenses having an aggregate value exceeding $250 from any single source, excluding relatives, received by the school official or a member of his immediate family during the preceding calendar year; and
(4) The name and address of all business organizations in which the school official or a member of his immediate family had an interest during the preceding calendar year.
b. The commission shall prescribe a financial disclosure statement form for filing purposes. Initial financial disclosure statements shall be filed within 90 days following the effective date of this act. Thereafter, statements shall be filed on or before April 30th each year.
c. All financial disclosure statements filed shall be public records.
Section: Previous 18a-12-21 18a-12-22 18a-12-23 18a-12-23.1 18a-12-24 18a-12-24.1 18a-12-25 18a-12-26 18a-12-27 18a-12-28 18a-12-29 18a-12-29.1 18a-12-30 18a-12-31 18a-12-32 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016