23:3-22.2. Establishment of range of costs for replacement value of animals possessed in violation of law
The Commissioner of Environmental Protection shall establish a range of costs incurred by the department for the replacement value of any animal taken or possessed in violation of law. In addition to the civil and other penalties and costs imposed for a violation of law enforced by the department, a court may assess the violator thereof for costs pursuant to the schedule established pursuant to this section, which sums shall be paid to the Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife for deposit in the hunters' and anglers' license fund established pursuant to R.S.23:3-11.
a. The commissioner shall establish costs within the following ranges:
(1) Animals for which open or closed seasons or methods of taking have been prescribed in the State Game Code ..... $20.00 to $2,000.00.
(2) Fish for which open or closed seasons or methods of taking have been prescribed in the State Fish Code ..... $20.00 to $200.00.
(3) Nongame or exotic wildlife as listed in the New Jersey Administrative Code ..... $20.00 to $500.00.
(4) Potentially dangerous species of nongame or exotic wildlife as listed or described in the New Jersey Administrative Code ..... $20.00 to $500.00.
(5) Endangered species as listed in the New Jersey Administrative Code ..... $500.00 to $5,000.00.
(6) Marine finfish ..... $20.00 to $500.00.
(7) Marine shellfish ..... $20.00 to $200.00.
(8) Lobster ..... $20.00 to $200.00.
b. The commissioner may, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), adopt rules and regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of this section.
Section: Previous 23-3-19 23-3-20 23-3-21 23-3-21.1 23-3-21.2 23-3-22 23-3-22.1 23-3-22.2 23-3-22.3 23-3-27 23-3-27.1 23-3-28 23-3-29 23-3-31 23-3-32 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016