55:19-72.Urban Site Remediation Coordinator
58. a. The Commissioner of Environmental Protection shall appoint an Urban Site Remediation Coordinator. The coordinator shall be responsible for the oversight and approval of site remediations conducted in areas designated as empowerment neighborhoods pursuant to sections 45 to 55 of P.L.1996, c.62 (C.55:19-60 to C.55:19-70). The Commissioner of Environmental Protection shall vest in the coordinator sufficient authority to properly manage the timely approval of site remediation activities in empowerment neighborhoods. The coordinator shall report directly to the commissioner. The coordinator shall meet regularly with the commissioner to ensure the proper and efficient coordination of these projects.
b. Upon the submittal of the administratively and technically complete and accurate results of a phase of a remediation required to be submitted that requires the department's review and approval in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations concerning a site remediation conducted in an area designated as an empowerment neighborhood, the department shall review and approve, approve with conditions, or disapprove the submission or other documents within the following time frames:
(1) preliminary assessment - 15 days;
(2) site investigation - 15 days;
(3) remedial investigation workplan - 30 days;
(4) remedial investigation report - 60 days;
(5) remedial action workplan - 90 days;
(6) remedial action progress reports - 30 days;
(7) remedial action final report - 45 days.
Section: Previous 55-19-65 55-19-66 55-19-67 55-19-68 55-19-69 55-19-70 55-19-71 55-19-72 55-19-73 55-19-74 55-19-75 55-19-76 55-19-77 55-19-78 55-19-79 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016