Federal and State Laws
New York Laws
New York Abandoned Property Law Article 7 - UNCLAIMED LIFE INSURANCE FUNDS
700 - Unclaimed Life Insurance Corporation Moneys.
1. The following unclaimed property held or owing by life insurance corporations shall be deemed abandoned property: (a) Any moneys held or owing by any...
702 - Publication of List of Abandoned Property.
1. Every such life insurance corporation shall cause to be published, on or before the first day of May in each year, a notice entitled:...
703 - Payment of Abandoned Property.
1. In such succeeding month of September, and on or before the succeeding tenth day thereof, every such life insurance corporation shall pay to the...
704 - Life Insurance Departments of Savings and Insurance Banks.
The life insurance department of any savings and insurance bank shall be regarded as a domestic life insurance corporation for the purposes of this article...
705 - Unclaimed and Undistributed Property Held by Superintendent of Financial Services, As Liquidator, Upon Completion of Proceeding.
1. Upon filing the final report or accounting of the superintendent of financial services, as liquidator, closing any proceeding commenced under article seventy-four of the...
706 - Payment of Abandoned Property After Liquidation by Superintendent of Financial Services.
1. Not later than the first day of October in every year the superintendent of financial services shall pay to the state comptroller all such...
707 - Reimbursement for Claims Paid by Insurers.
Any life insurance corporation which has paid to the state comptroller moneys deemed abandoned property pursuant to the provisions of this article may make payment...
Last modified: February 3, 2019