Federal and State Laws
New York Laws
New York Correction Law Article 5 - COORDINATED USE OF STATE AND LOCAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
90 - Purposes of Article.
The purposes of the provisions of this article are: 1. To provide correctional programs for persons who receive sentences of imprisonment with terms of one...
91 - Agreements for Custody of Definite Sentence Inmates.
* 1. The commissioner may enter into an agreement with any county or with the city of New York to provide for custody by the...
92 - Effect of Agreement for Custody of Definite Sentence Inmates.
* 1. After a copy of an agreement made under section ninety-one of this article is filed with the secretary of state, all commitments under...
93 - Temporary Custody of Sentenced Inmates in Emergencies.
1. Whenever a state of emergency shall be declared by the chief executive officer of a local government pursuant to section two hundred nine-m of...
94 - Use of Local Government Institutions for Residential Treatment of Persons Under the Custody of the State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.
1. The state commissioner of corrections and community supervision is hereby authorized to transfer any inmate under the care or custody of the department who...
95 - Use of Local Government Institutions for Confinement of Persons Under Custody With or Awaiting Transfer to the Department.
1. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the commissioner is hereby authorized to contract with any county or the city of New York for the...
Last modified: February 3, 2019