Federal and State Laws
New York Laws
New York County Law Article 18 - DISTRICT ATTORNEY
700 - District Attorney; Powers and Duties.
1. Except as provided in section seven hundred one of this chapter, it shall be the duty of every district attorney to conduct all prosecutions...
701 - Special District Attorney.
1. Whenever the district attorney of any county and such assistants as he or she may have shall not be in attendance at a term...
702 - Assistant District Attorneys.
1. The board of supervisors shall have power to authorize the district attorney to appoint one or more assistant district attorneys. Every such appointment shall...
702-a - Appointment of Special Assistant District Attorneys During a Period of Civil Disorder.
1. Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, a district attorney in any county, including any county within the City of New York, may,...
703 - Employment of Counsel.
With the written approval of the county judge of a county in which an indictment has been found for a capital or other crime which...
703-a - Employment of Stenographer.
Whenever the district attorney of any county in the performance of his duties shall be required to prosecute a contested criminal proceeding before a magistrate...
705 - Prosecution Fund.
The board of supervisors shall have power to appropriate and set aside a fund for the payment in advance of audit of expenditures incurred by...
706 - Cost and Expense of Removed Criminal Trials.
Whenever the trial of an indictment has been transferred from the county in which the indictment was found to some other county, the cost and...
707 - Payments of Expert Fees in Criminal Cases in Which the Death Penalty May Be Imposed.
1. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, upon a finding in an ex parte proceeding that expert services are reasonably necessary for...
Last modified: February 3, 2019