Federal and State Laws
New York Laws
New York Energy Law Article 18 - TEMPORARY NUCLEAR WASTE REPOSITORIES
18-101 - Definitions.
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires: 1. "Commissioner" means the commissioner of environmental conservation. 2. "Board" means the state board on...
18-103 - Establishment of Temporary Nuclear Waste Repositories.
1. No person shall establish or operate a temporary nuclear waste repository within this state unless he has been granted a certificate by the board....
18-105 - State Board on Temporary Nuclear Waste Repository Siting.
1. There is hereby created the state board on temporary nuclear waste repository siting. The board shall consist of the commissioner of environmental conservation, the...
18-107 - Filing of Application for Certificate; Docketing; Convening of Board.
1. Any person seeking to establish or operate a temporary nuclear waste repository shall file an application for a certificate with the commissioner. Copies of...
18-109 - Contents of Application.
An application for a certificate filed pursuant to this article shall contain the following information and materials: 1. A description of the site and of...
18-111 - Action of the Board.
1. After being convened, the board shall commission such studies as it deems necessary, and shall hold a series of public hearings and meetings. Notice...
18-113 - Judicial Review.
1. A judicial proceeding to review a final decision of the board shall be brought in the appellate division of the supreme court in the...
Last modified: February 3, 2019