159-f. Functions, powers and duties of the secretary. The secretary or his duly authorized officers or employees, shall have the following functions, powers and duties:
1. To act as the official agent of the state for the purpose of administering, carrying out and otherwise cooperating with the federal government in connection with the federal community services block grant act of 1981, as amended;
2. To allocate federal community services block grant funds pursuant to contracts with recipients of such funds in the manner required by federal law and regulation;
3. To assist the governor in applying for the state's allocation under the federal community services block grant act, including the fulfillment of any planning requirements;
4. To cooperate with the legislature in conducting hearings required by the federal community services block grant act; and
5. To monitor and evaluate the use of funds received by the state pursuant to the federal community services block grant act.
Last modified: February 3, 2019