Federal and State Laws
New York Laws
New York General Obligations Law Article 12 - DRUG DEALER LIABILITY ACT
12-101 - Short Title.
This article shall be known and may be cited as "the drug dealer liability act".
12-102 - Definitions.
As used in this article: 1. "Illegal drug" means any controlled substance or marijuana the possession of which is an offense under the public health...
12-103 - Liability Established.
A person who knowingly participates in a drug market within this state and has been convicted of a crime for such participation in a drug...
12-104 - Recovery by Persons Other Than Illegal Drug Users.
1. One or more of the following persons may bring an action for and recover damages caused by use of an illegal drug by an...
12-105 - Recovery by Illegal Drug Users.
1. An individual drug user may not bring an action for damages caused by the use of an illegal drug, unless all of the following...
12-106 - Scope of Defendant's Liability Established.
A person shall be deemed to have affected a target community based upon the following grades of offenses: 1. For a grade one violation, the...
12-107 - Joinder.
Two or more persons may join in one cause of action under this article as plaintiffs if each action has at least one place of...
12-108 - Culpable Conduct; Contribution.
1. An action by an individual drug user shall be governed by the provisions of article fourteen-A of the civil practice law and rules. An...
12-109 - Judgments; Execution and Enforcement.
1. The provisions of the civil practice law and rules relating to the exemption of certain real and personal property from execution and enforcement of...
12-110 - Periods of Limitation.
1. Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, a claim under this article may not be brought more than two years after the cause...
Last modified: February 3, 2019