Federal and State Laws
New York Laws
New York General Obligations Law Title 1 - MONEY DEPOSITED AS SECURITY TO BE HELD IN TRUST IN CERTAIN CASES
7-101 - Money Deposited or Advanced for Use or Rental of Personal Property; Waiver Void.
1. Whenever money shall be deposited or advanced on a contract for the use or rental of personal property as security for performance of the...
7-103 - Money Deposited or Advanced for Use or Rental of Real Property; Waiver Void; Administration Expenses.
1. Whenever money shall be deposited or advanced on a contract or license agreement for the use or rental of real property as security for...
7-105 - Landlord Failing to Turn Over Deposits Made by Tenants or Licensees and to Notify Tenants or Licensees Thereof in Certain Cases.
1. Any person, firm or corporation and the employers, officers or agents thereof, whether the owner or lessee of the property leased, who or which...
7-106 - Money Deposited or Advanced for Certain Installations; Waiver Void.
1. Whenever any non-public moneys shall be deposited or advanced by the owner of an occupied residential dwelling on a contract for the installation of...
7-107 - Liability of a Grantee or Assignee for Deposits Made by Tenants Upon Conveyance of Rent Stabilized Dwelling Units.
1. This section shall apply only to dwelling units subject to the New York city rent stabilization law of nineteen hundred sixty-nine or the emergency...
7-108 - Liability of a Grantee or Assignee for Deposits Made by Tenants Upon Conveyance of Non-Rent Stabilized Dwelling Units.
1. This section shall apply to all dwelling units with written leases in residential premises containing six or more dwelling units and to all dwelling...
7-109 - Commencement of a Proceeding or Action by the Attorney General to Compel Compliance.
If it appears to the attorney general that any person, association, or corporation has violated or is violating any of the provisions of this title,...
Last modified: February 3, 2019