4300. Definitions. As used in this section, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
1. "Bank or storage facility" means a hospital, laboratory or other facility licensed or approved under the laws of any state for storage of human bodies or parts thereof, for use in medical education, research, therapy, or transplantation to individuals.
2. "Decedent" means a deceased individual of any age and includes a stillborn infant or fetus.
3. "Donor" means an individual who makes a gift of all or part of his body.
4. "Hospital" means a hospital licensed, accredited, or approved under the laws of any state and includes a hospital operated by the United States Government, a state, or a subdivision thereof, although not required to be licensed under state laws.
5. "Part" of a body includes organs, tissues, eyes, bones, arteries, blood, other fluids and other portions of a human body, and "part" includes "parts"
6. "Person" means an individual, corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity.
7. "Physician" or "surgeon" means a physician or surgeon licensed or authorized to practice under the laws of any state.
8. "State" includes any state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession, and any other area subject to the legislative authority of the United States of America.
Last modified: February 3, 2019