176. Notice of meeting for incorporation and provisions governing meetings for incorporation. 1. Notice of a meeting for the purpose of incorporating an unincorporated Ukrainian Orthodox church under this article shall be in writing and shall state in substance that a meeting of such unincorporated church will be held at its usual place of worship at a specified day and hour, for the purpose of incorporating such a church and selecting a name therefor and electing trustees thereof.
2. Such notice shall be publicly read at a regular service of such unincorporated church on a Sunday next preceding such meeting and a copy of such notice shall be sent by mail postpaid at least ten days prior to the date fixed for such meeting to each member of such church in good and regular standing at his last known address as same appears in the church record.
3. At the meeting for incorporation held in pursuance of such notice, all persons of full age, who are then members in good and regular standing of such church, shall be qualified voters. All the duly qualified voters present at such meeting, at least six in number, shall constitute a quorum, and all matters or questions shall be decided by a majority of the qualified voters voting thereon.
4. There shall be elected at such meeting from the qualified voters then present a presiding officer and a clerk to keep the records of the proceedings of the meeting. The presiding officer shall decide the results of the votes cast on any matter and shall be the judge of the qualifications of the voters.
5. If the meeting shall decide that such unincorporated church shall become incorporated, the meeting shall also decide upon the name of the proposed corporation, the number of trustees thereof which shall be either three, five or seven, and the date, not more than fifteen months thereafter, on which the first annual election of the trustees shall be held.
6. Such meeting shall thereupon elect from the persons qualified to vote thereat the trustees who shall hold office until the first annual election of the trustees thereafter, or until their successors are elected and take office.
Last modified: February 3, 2019