10. Grants of powers to local governments. Except as otherwise specifically provided in this section, each of the following powers, which shall include but not be limited to those of local legislation and administration, is hereby granted to each local government which shall at all times be subject to such purposes, standards and procedures as the legislature may have heretofore prescribed or may hereafter prescribe:
1. The power to adopt, amend and repeal ordinances, resolutions and rules and regulations in the exercise of its functions, powers and duties.
2. The power to acquire real and personal property or any interest therein for its purposes, and to construct, reconstruct, equip, maintain, repair and operate the same for such purposes.
3. The power to acquire, establish, construct, reconstruct, equip, maintain, repair and operate recreational facilities on park or other lands, including but not limited to self-supporting, self-sustaining or revenue-producing recreational facilities.
4. The power to dispose of its real or personal property or any interest therein when no longer required for its purposes, except that this power shall not be applicable to inalienable real or personal property or any inalienable interest therein.
5. The power to fix, levy, impose, collect and administer rents, charges, rates and fees, penalties and rates of interest thereon, liens on local property in connection therewith and charges thereon.
6. In the case of a city, village, or town with respect to the area thereof outside the village or villages therein, the power to adopt, amend and repeal zoning regulations.
7. The power to perform comprehensive or other planning work relating to its jurisdiction.
Last modified: February 3, 2019