* 1640-o. Residential parking system in the village of Dobbs Ferry in the county of Westchester. 1. Notwithstanding the provisions of any law to the contrary, the village board of the village of Dobbs Ferry may, by adoption of a local law or ordinance, provide for a residential parking permit system and fix and require the payment of fees applicable to parking within the area in which such parking system is in effect in accordance with the provisions of this section.
2. Such residential parking permit system may only be established in the village of Dobbs Ferry within the area of the village consisting of the following roadways:
(a) Oak street, from Broadway to Main street;
(b) Elm street, from Broadway to Main street;
(c) Chestnut street, from Broadway to Main street;
(d) Walnut street, from Broadway to Livingston avenue;
(e) Hatch terrace, from Broadway to Walnut street;
(f) Palisade street, from Cedar street to Chestnut street;
(g) Riverside place;
(h) Cedar street, from Main street to a point 750 feet west of Palisade street;
(i) The portion of Draper lane owned by the village of Dobbs Ferry.
3. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no permit shall be required on those portions of such streets where the adjacent properties are zoned for commercial, office and/or retail use.
4. The local law or ordinance providing for such residential parking system shall:
(a) set forth factors necessitating the enactment of such parking system;
(b) provide that motor vehicles registered pursuant to section four hundred four-a of this chapter shall be exempt from any permit requirement;
(c) provide the times of the day and days of the week during which permit requirements shall be in effect;
(d) make not less than twenty percent of the spaces within the permit area available to nonresidents, and shall provide short term parking of not less than sixty minutes in duration in the permit area;
(e) provide the schedule of fees to be paid for such permits; and
(f) provide that such fees shall be credited to the general fund of the village of Dobbs Ferry unless otherwise specified in such local law.
5. No ordinance shall be adopted pursuant to this section until a public hearing thereon has been had in the same manner as required for public hearings on a local law pursuant to the municipal home rule law.
6. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any state highway maintained by the state.
* NB Repealed January 1, 2021
* NB There are 2 1640-o's
Last modified: February 3, 2019