70. References to workmen's compensation law. Where the provisions of any section or part of any section of the workmen's compensation law are made applicable to this chapter and are incorporated herein by reference, the following terms used in such provisions of the workmen's compensation law shall have the following meanings when read in connection with this chapter:
1. "Accident" means "injury" as defined in this chapter.
2. "Dependent husband" means the "surviving spouse" of a female fireman, as defined in this chapter.
3. "Employee" means a volunteer fireman who has been or might be injured in line of duty or who dies or might die from the effects of such an injury.
4. "Employment" means service of a volunteer fireman in line of duty.
5. "Employer" means the political subdivision liable for payment of financial benefits pursuant to this chapter.
6. "Injury" means "injury" as defined in this chapter.
7. "Injured workman" means injured volunteer fireman.
8. "Insurance carrier" means "insurance carrier" as defined in this chapter.
9. "Same employ" means the same fire department or fire company, or in the same service for a political subdivision, or district or area thereof, pursuant to a call for assistance.
10. "Workmen's compensation" means the benefits payable to a volunteer fireman or his dependents pursuant to this chapter, including medical treatment and care, except when a different meaning obviously is intended. Where any such section is so made applicable and is so incorporated, and there is a reference therein to another section or provision of the workmen's compensation law which also has been made applicable to this chapter, such reference shall be deemed to include the applicable section or provision of this chapter if such inclusion is consistent with the provisions of this chapter.
Last modified: February 3, 2019