North Carolina General Statutes § 1-242 Credits upon judgments

If payment is made on a judgment docketed in the office of the clerk of the superior court and no entry is made on the judgment docket, or if a docketed judgment is reversed or modified on appeal and no entry is made on the judgment docket, any interested person may move in the cause before the clerk, upon affidavit after notice to all interested persons, to have the credit, reversal, or modification entered. A hearing on the motion before the clerk may be on affidavit, oral testimony, deposition, and any other competent evidence. The clerk shall render judgment, from which any party may appeal in the same manner as in appeals in civil actions, in accordance with G.S. 1-301.1. On appeal, any party may demand a jury trial of any issue of fact. If a final judgment orders the credit, reversal, or modification, a transcript of the final judgment shall be sent by the clerk of the superior court to each county in which the original judgment is docketed, and the clerk of each county shall enter the transcript on the judgment docket of that county opposite the original judgment and file the transcript. No final process may issue on the original judgment after affidavit filed in the cause until there is a final disposition of the motion for credit, reversal, or modification.  (1903, c. 558; Rev., s. 579; C.S., s. 620; 1999-216, s. 3; 2010-96, s. 23.)

Sections:  Previous  1-234  1-235  1-236.1  1-237  1-239  1-239.1  1-241  1-242  1-243  1-245  1-246  1-253  1-254  1-255  1-256  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014