North Carolina General Statutes § 1-408.1 Clerk may order surveys in civil actions and special proceedings involving sale of land

In civil actions and special proceedings commenced in the superior court before the clerk where real property is to be sold to make assets to pay debts, or to be sold for division, or to be partitioned, the clerk may, if all parties to the action or proceedings will benefit by a survey, order a survey of the land involved, appoint a surveyor for this purpose, and fix a reasonable fee for the services of the surveyor. The fee and other costs of the survey shall be taxed as a part of the costs in the action or proceedings. Any aggrieved party has the right to appeal as provided in Article 27A of Chapter 1 of the General Statutes. (1955, c. 373; 1999-216, s. 5.)

Sections:  Previous  1-404  1-405  1-406  1-407  1-407.1  1-407.2  1-408  1-408.1  1-409  1-410  1-411  1-412  1-413  1-414  1-415  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014