North Carolina General Statutes § 104-11 Utilities Commission to secure rights-of-way, etc., for waterway improvements by use of federal funds

Hereafter whenever any waterway improvement in North Carolina by the use of federal funds is provided for upon condition that the State or locality shall furnish rights-of-way, permits for the dumping of dredged material, or furnish or do any other thing in connection with the proposed waterway improvement, the Utilities Commission is authorized and empowered to represent the State or locality in such matter of securing the rights-of-way, permits for the dumping of dredged material, or other things so required in connection with such waterway improvement; and in prosecuting such undertaking, the Utilities Commission may follow the same procedure provided in Article 2 for the acquisition of rights-of-way for the intercoastal waterway from the Cape Fear River to the South Carolina line: Provided, however, that said Utilities Commission is not hereby authorized to enter into obligation or contract for the payment of any money or proceeds through condemnation or otherwise without the express approval of the Governor and Council of State. (1935, c. 240; 1937, c. 434.)

Sections:  Previous  104-4  104-5  104-6  104-7  104-8  104-9  104-10  104-11  104-11.1  104-12  104-13  104-14  104-15  104-16  104-17  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014