As used in the Article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Board" means the North Carolina Board of Agriculture.
(2) "Commissioner" means the North Carolina Commissioner of Agriculture.
(3) "Person" means an individual, partnership, firm, corporation, association, or two or more people having a joint or common interest.
(4) "Producer" means a farmer or grower of cotton.
(5) "Receipt" means a warehouse receipt issued pursuant to this Article.
(6) "Warehouse" means any building, structure or other protected enclosure in which cotton is or may be stored for hire.
(7) "Warehouseman" means a person licensed by North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to engage in the business of storing cotton for hire. (1987, c. 840, s. 1; 1997-261, s. 54.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014