For purposes of this Article, the following words or terms shall mean as follows:
(1) Adulterated grain: Grain which contains any substance, such as, but not limited to, Captan, carbon tetrachloride, Malathion, Parathion, DDT, Dieldrin, Thiram, Endrin, Heptachlor, Maneb, Methoxychlor, 2, 6-dichloro, 4-nitroaniline, pentachloronitrobenzene, hexachlorobenzene, Demeton, Phorate, Carbophenothion, in excess of the tolerance for human or animal consumption established for such substances by the laws of the State or the regulations of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, or both the State and the Department.
(2) Commissioner: North Carolina Commissioner of Agriculture.
(3) Grain: Corn, soybeans, milo, barley, oats, rye, and mixtures of them.
(4) Grain dealer: Any person owning, controlling or operating an elevator, mill, warehouse or other similar structure or truck or tractor-trailer unit or both who buys, solicits for sale or resale, processes for sale or resale, contracts for storage or exchange or transfers grain after obtaining title to the grain of a North Carolina producer. The term "grain dealer" shall exclude producers, groups of producers, or contract feeders buying grain for consumption in their operations.
(5) Person: Any individual, partnership, corporation, association, syndicate or other legal entity. (1975, c. 659, s. 1; 1997-261, s. 109.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014