The following definitions apply in this Part:
(1) Authority. - The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority.
(2) Eligible student. - A child with a disability under the age of 22 who meets all of the following criteria:
a. Requires an Individualized Education Plan.
b. Receives special education or related services on a daily basis.
c. Has not been placed in a nonpublic school or facility by a public agency at public expense.
d. Has not spent any time enrolled in a postsecondary institution as a full-time student taking at least 12 hours of academic credit.
e. Has not received a high school diploma.
f. Meets at least one of the following requirements:
1. Was enrolled in a North Carolina public school during the previous semester.
2. Received special education or related services through the North Carolina public schools as a preschool child with a disability during the previous semester.
3. Received a scholarship grant for the previous semester.
4. Is eligible for initial enrollment in kindergarten or the first grade in a North Carolina public school.
(3) Nonpublic school. - A school that meets the requirements of Part 1, 2, or 3 of Article 39 of this Chapter as identified by the Division of Nonpublic Education, Department of Administration.
(4) Scholarship grants. - Grants awarded by the Authority to eligible students. (2013-364, s. 4.)
Sections: Previous 115C-111.1 115C-111.2 115C-111.3 115C-111.4 115C-111.5 115C-111.6 115C-112.1 115C-112.5 115C-112.6 115C-112.7 115C-112.8 115C-123 through 115C-126.1 115C-127, 115C-128 115C-130 through 115C-133 115C-149 Next
Last modified: March 23, 2014