The following definitions apply in this Part:
(1) Constituent institution. - A constituent institution as defined in G.S. 116-2(4).
(1a) Cooperative innovative high school. - A high school approved by the State Board of Education and the applicable governing Board that meets the following criteria:
a. It has no more than 100 students per grade level.
b. It partners with an institution of higher education to enable students to concurrently obtain a high school diploma and begin or complete an associate degree program, master a certificate or vocational program, or earn up to two years of college credit within five years.
c. It is located on the campus of the partner institution of higher education, unless the governing Board or the local board of trustees for a private North Carolina college specifically waives the requirement through adoption of a formal resolution.
(1b) Cooperative innovative high school allotment. - Funds appropriated by the General Assembly to the Department of Public Instruction to provide additional resources to approved cooperative innovative high schools.
(2) Education partner. - An education partner as provided in G.S. 115C-238.52.
(3) Governing Board. - The State Board of Community Colleges or the Board of Governors of The University of North Carolina.
(3a) Local board of education. - A local board as defined in G.S. 115C-5(5) or a regional school board of directors as defined in G.S. 115C-238.61(5).
(4) Local board of trustees. - The board of trustees of a community college, constituent institution of The University of North Carolina, or private college located in North Carolina.
(5) Partner institution of higher education. - A community college, constituent institution of The University of North Carolina, or private college located in North Carolina. (2005-276, s. 7.33(a); 2010-31, s. 7.21(c); 2011-145, s. 7.1A(j); 2011-241, s. 4; 2012-142, s. 7.11(a).)
Sections: Previous 115C-238.29H 115C-238.29I 115C-238.30 115C-238.31 115C-238.32 115C-238.33 115C-238.50 115C-238.50A 115C-238.51 115C-238.51A 115C-238.52 115C-238.53 115C-238.54 115C-238.55 115C-238.60 Next
Last modified: March 23, 2014