The following definitions apply to this Article:
(1) Academic year. - A period of time in which a student is expected to complete the equivalent of at least two semesters' or three quarters' academic work.
(2) Authority. - The State Education Assistance Authority created by Article 23 of Chapter 116 of the General Statutes.
(3) Eligible postsecondary institution. - A school that is:
a. A constituent institution of The University of North Carolina as defined in G.S. 116-2(4); or
b. A community college as defined in G.S. 115D-2(2).
c., d. Repealed by Session Laws 2011-145, s. 9.18(b), effective July 1, 2012.
(4) Matriculated status. - Being recognized as a student in a defined program of study leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate at an eligible postsecondary institution.
(5) Scholarship. - A scholarship for education awarded under this Article.
(6) Title IV. - Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, 20 U.S.C. 1070, et seq. (2005-344, s. 2; 2006-66, s. 9.19; 2006-221, s. 5B; 2006-259, s. 8(h); 2011-145, s. 9.18(b).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014