The following definitions apply in this Part:
(1) Authority. - The State Education Assistance Authority.
(2) Division. - The Division of Nonpublic Education, Department of Administration.
(3) Eligible students. - A student who has not yet received a high school diploma and who meets all of the following requirements:
a. Meets one of the following criteria:
1. Was a full-time student assigned to and attending a public school pursuant to G.S. 115C-366 during the previous semester.
2. Received a scholarship grant during the previous school year.
3. Is entering either kindergarten or the first grade.
4. Is a child in foster care as defined in G.S. 131D-10.2(9).
5. Is a child whose adoption decree was entered not more than one year prior to submission of the scholarship grant application.
b. Resides in a household with an income level not in excess of one hundred thirty-three percent (133%) of the amount required for the student to qualify for the federal free or reduced-price lunch program.
(4) Local school administrative unit. - A local school administrative unit, charter school, or regional school.
(5) Nonpublic school. - A school that meets the requirements of Part 1 or Part 2 of this Article as identified by the Division.
(6) Scholarship grants. - Grants awarded annually by the Authority to eligible students. (2013-360, s. 8.29(a).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014