As used in this Article, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context shall indicate another or different meaning or intent:
(1) The word "Board" shall mean the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina.
(2) The word "cost," as applied to any project, shall include the cost of acquisition or construction, the cost of acquisition of all property, both real and personal, or interests therein, the cost of demolishing, removing or relocating any buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the cost of acquiring any lands to which such buildings or structures may be moved or relocated, the cost of all labor, materials, equipment and furnishings, financing charges, interest prior to and during construction and, if deemed advisable by the Board, for a period not exceeding one year after completion of such construction, provisions for working capital, reserves for debt service and for extensions, enlargements, additions and improvements, cost of engineering, financial and legal services, plans, specifications, studies, surveys, estimates of cost and of revenues, administrative expenses, expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of constructing the project, and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to the acquisition or construction of the project, the financing of such acquisition or construction, and the placing of the project in operation. Any obligation or expense incurred by the Board prior to the issuance of bonds under the provisions of this Article in connection with any of the foregoing items of cost may be regarded as a part of such cost.
(3) The term "existing facilities" shall mean buildings and facilities then existing any part of the revenues of which are pledged under the provisions of any resolution authorizing the issuance of revenue bonds hereunder to the payment of such bonds.
(4) The word "institution" shall mean each of the institutions enumerated in G.S. 116-2, the University of North Carolina Health Care System, and the University of North Carolina General Administration.
(5) The word "project" shall mean and shall include any one or more buildings, structures, or facilities of any size or type now or hereafter existing for (i) the housing, health, welfare, recreation, and convenience of students, (ii) the housing of faculty, (iii) academic, research, patient care, and community services, and (iv) parking at an institution or institutions, that has been approved by the Board and the Director of the Budget and any improvements or additions so approved to any such buildings, structures, or facilities, including, but without limiting the generality thereof, dormitories and other student, faculty, and adult or continuing education housing, dining facilities, student centers, gymnasiums, field houses and other physical education and recreation buildings, infirmaries and other health care buildings, academic facilities, furnishings, equipment, parking facilities, and necessary land and interest in land. Any project may include, without limiting the generality thereof, facilities for services such as lounges, restrooms, lockers, offices, stores for books and supplies, snack bars, cafeterias, restaurants, laundries, cleaning, postal, banking and similar services, rooms and other facilities for guests and visitors, and facilities for meetings and for recreational, cultural, and entertainment activities.
(6) The word "revenues" shall mean all or any part of the rents, charges, fees (including student fees) and other income revenues derived from or in connection with any project or projects and existing facilities, and may include receipts and other income derived from athletic games and public events. (1963, c. 847, s. 3; 1965, c. 31, s. 3; 1967, c. 1038; c. 1148, s. 2; 1969, c. 297, s. 8; c. 388; c. 608, s. 1; c. 801, ss. 2-4; 1971, c. 1061, s. 2; c. 1244, s. 16; 1979, c. 731, s. 6; 1983, c. 577, s. 8; 1989, c. 141, s. 5; 2000-168, ss. 4, 5.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014