(a) The Division of Social Services shall keep a register of all licensed family foster and therapeutic foster homes. The register shall contain the following information:
(1) The name, age, and address of each foster parent.
(2) Repealed by Session Laws 2012-153, s. 7, effective October 1, 2012.
(3) The foster parent's supervising agency.
(4) The number of hours of mandated training completed by the foster parent.
(5) The date of the initial licensure.
(6) The current licensing period.
(7) Any adverse licensing actions.
(8) Repealed by Session Laws 2012-153, s. 7, effective October 1, 2012.
(b) The register shall be a public record under Chapter 132 of the General Statutes. However, the Division, without penalty, may withhold any specific information about a foster parent to the extent the release of the information would likely pose a threat to the health or safety of the foster parent or a foster child. A person who is denied access to information under this section may seek a court order compelling disclosure or copying in accordance with G.S. 132-9(a). Information not specified in subsection (a) of this section shall be considered confidential and not subject to disclosure. (2003-304, s. 5; 2012-153, s. 7.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014