As used in this Article, except where the context clearly requires otherwise, the words and expressions defined in this section shall be held to have the meanings here given to them:
(1) Bicycle: A nonmotorized vehicle with two or three wheels tandem, a steering handle, one or two saddle seats, and pedals by which the vehicle is propelled.
(2) Bikeway: A thoroughfare suitable for bicycles, and which may either exist within the right-of-way of other modes of transportation, such as highways, or along a separate and independent corridor.
(3) Department: North Carolina Department of Transportation.
(4) Program: North Carolina Bicycle and Bikeway Program.
(5) Secretary: The Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Transportation. (1973, c. 1447, s. 2; 1975, c. 716, s. 7; 1977, c. 1021, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014