The North Carolina Parks and Recreation Authority is created, to be administered by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The North Carolina Parks and Recreation Authority shall have at least the following powers and duties:
(1) To receive public and private donations, appropriations, grants, and revenues for deposit into the Parks and Recreation Trust Fund.
(2) To allocate funds for land acquisition from the Parks and Recreation Trust Fund.
(3) To allocate funds for repairs, renovations, improvements, construction, and other capital projects from the Parks and Recreation Trust Fund.
(4) To solicit financial and material support from public and private sources.
(5) To develop effective public and private support for the programs and operations of the parks and recreation areas.
(6) To consider and to advise the Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources on any matter the Secretary may refer to the North Carolina Parks and Recreation Authority. (1995, c. 456, s. 1; 1997-443, s. 11A.119(a).)
Sections: Previous 143B-301 143B-301.1 143B-301.10 143B-301.11 143B-301.12 143B-305 through 143B-307 143B-308 through 143B-310 143B-313.1 143B-313.2 143B-322 through 143B-324 143B-324.1 143B-324.2 143B-324.3 143B-331 through 143B-332 143B-333 Next
Last modified: March 23, 2014