(a) Legislative Intent. - The General Assembly recognizes the need to establish a comprehensive process for capital improvement planning and budgeting that is fully integrated with State financial planning and debt management.
(b) Capital Improvement Planning and Budgeting Process. - The capital improvement planning and budgeting process shall include the following elements:
(1) An inventory of facilities owned by State agencies.
(2) Criteria used to evaluate capital improvement needs.
(3) A six-year capital improvement needs estimate.
(4) A six-year capital improvements plan.
(5) Recommendations for capital improvements set forth in the Recommended State Budget as specified in G.S. 143C-3-5.
(c) Office of State Budget and Management to Manage Planning Process. - The Office of State Budget and Management has responsibility for management of the capital improvement planning process. The Director of the Budget may assign to any State agency or institution such duties and responsibilities as may, in the Director's judgment, be necessary to the successful administration of the capital improvement planning process. (1997-443, s. 34.9; 2000-140, s. 93.1(a); 2001-424, s. 12.2(b); 2006-203, s. 3.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014