North Carolina General Statutes § 153A-135 Regulation of places of amusement

A county may by ordinance regulate places of amusement and  entertainment, and may regulate, restrict, or prohibit the operation of pool and billiard halls, dance halls, carnivals, circuses, or itinerant shows or exhibitions of any kind. Places of amusement and entertainment include coffeehouses, cocktail lounges, nightclubs, beer halls, and similar establishments, but any regulation of such places shall be consistent with any permit or license issued by the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission. (1963, c. 1060, ss. 1, 1 1/2; 1965, cc. 388, 567, 1083, 1158; 1967, c. 495, s. 2; 1969, c. 36, s. 1; 1971, c. 702, ss. 1-3; 1973, c. 822, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, ss. 4, 5.)

Sections:  Previous  153A-130  153A-131  153A-132  153A-132.1  153A-132.2  153A-133  153A-134  153A-135  153A-136  153A-138  153A-139  153A-140  153A-140.1  153A-140.2  153A-142  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014