North Carolina General Statutes § 153A-189 State participation in improvement projects

If a county proposes to undertake a project that would benefit land owned by the State of North Carolina or a board, agency, commission, or institution of the State and to finance all or a part of the project by special assessments, the board of commissioners may request the Council of State to authorize the State to pay its ratable part of the cost of the project, and the Council of State may authorize these payments. The Council of State may authorize the Secretary of Administration to approve or disapprove requests from counties for payment pursuant to this section, but a county may appeal to the Council of State if the Secretary disapproves a request. The Council of State may direct that any payment authorized pursuant to this section be made from the Contingency and Emergency Fund of the State of North Carolina or from any other available funds. Except as State payments are authorized pursuant to this section, state-owned property is exempt from assessment under this Article. (1973, c. 822, s. 1; 1975, c. 879, s. 46.)

Sections:  Previous  153A-176  153A-177  153A-178  153A-185  153A-186  153A-187  153A-188  153A-189  153A-190  153A-191  153A-192  153A-193  153A-193.1  153A-194  153A-195  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014