North Carolina General Statutes § 153A-197 Appeal to the General Court of Justice

If the owner of, or any person having an interest in, a lot, parcel, or tract of land against which an assessment is made is dissatisfied with the amount of the assessment, he may, within 10 days after the day the assessment roll is confirmed, file a notice of appeal to the appropriate division of the General Court of Justice. He shall then have 20 days after the day the roll is confirmed to serve on the board of commissioners or the clerk a statement of facts upon which the appeal is based. The appeal shall be tried like other actions at law. (1963, c. 985, s. 1; 1965, c. 714; 1973, c. 822, s. 1.)

Sections:  Previous  153A-191  153A-192  153A-193  153A-193.1  153A-194  153A-195  153A-196  153A-197  153A-198  153A-199  153A-200  153A-201  153A-202  153A-203  153A-204  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014