(a) The charter of a regional solid waste management authority shall:
(1) Specify the name of the authority;
(2) Establish the powers, duties and functions that the authority may exercise and perform;
(3) Establish the number of delegates to represent the member units of local government and prescribe the compensation and allowances, if any, to be paid to delegates;
(4) Set out the method of determining the financial support that will be given to the authority by each member unit of local government; and
(5) Establish a method for amending the charter, and for dissolving the authority and liquidating its assets and liabilities.
(b) The charter of a regional solid waste management authority may, but need not, contain rules for the conduct of authority business and any other matter pertaining to the organization, powers, and functioning of the authority that the member units of local government deem appropriate. (1989 (Reg. Sess., 1990), c. 888, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014