North Carolina General Statutes § 160A-181 Regulation of places of amusement

A city may by ordinance regulate places of amusement and entertainment, and may regulate, restrict or prohibit the operation of pool and billiard halls, dance halls, carnivals, circuses, or any itinerant show or exhibition of any kind. Places of amusement and entertainment shall include coffee houses, cocktail lounges, night clubs, beer halls, and similar establishments, but any regulations thereof shall be consistent with any permits or licenses issued by the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission. (1917, c. 136, subch. 5, s. 1; 1919, cc. 136, 237; C.S., s. 2787; 1971, c. 698, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, ss. 4, 5.)

Sections:  Previous  160A-176  160A-176.1  160A-176.2  160A-177  160A-178  160A-179  160A-180  160A-181  160A-181.1  160A-182  160A-183  160A-184  160A-185  160A-186  160A-187  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014