North Carolina General Statutes § 160A-405 Powers of governing bodies

Any county or city, in order to exercise the authority granted by this Part, may:

(1)        Enter into and carry out contracts with the State or federal government or any agencies thereof under which grants or other assistance are made to the county or city;

(2)        Accept any assistance or funds that may be granted by the State or federal government with or without a contract;

(3)        Agree to and comply with any reasonable conditions imposed upon grants;

(4)        Make expenditures from any funds so granted. (1963, c. 1129,  s. 5; 1971, c. 698, s. 1.)

Sections:  Previous  160A-400.51A  160A-400.52  160A-400.53  160A-401  160A-402  160A-403  160A-404  160A-405  160A-406  160A-407  160A-411  160A-411.1  160A-412  160A-413  160A-414  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014