The charter of a regional sports authority shall:
(1) Specify the name of the authority;
(2) Establish the powers, duties, and functions that it may exercise and perform;
(3) Establish the number of delegates to represent the member governments, fix their terms of office, provide methods for filling vacancies, and prescribe the compensation and allowances, if any, to be paid to delegates;
(4) Set out the method of determining the financial support that will be given to the authority by each member government;
(5) Establish a method for amending the charter, and for dissolving the authority and liquidating its assets and liabilities.
In addition, the charter may, but need not, contain rules and regulations for the conduct of authority business and any other matter pertaining to the organization, powers, and functioning of the authority that the member governments deem appropriate. (1989, c. 780, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014