(a) Governing boards of cities, counties, local boards of education, unified governments, sanitary districts, and consolidated city-counties shall adopt a resolution or policy containing a code of ethics to guide actions by the governing board members in the performance of the member's official duties as a member of that governing board.
(b) The resolution or policy required by subsection (a) of this section shall address at least all of the following:
(1) The need to obey all applicable laws regarding official actions taken as a board member.
(2) The need to uphold the integrity and independence of the board member's office.
(3) The need to avoid impropriety in the exercise of the board member's official duties.
(4) The need to faithfully perform the duties of the office.
(5) The need to conduct the affairs of the governing board in an open and public manner, including complying with all applicable laws governing open meetings and public records. (2009-403, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014