The State Board of Elections shall ensure that official ballots throughout the State have all the following characteristics:
(1) Are readily understandable by voters.
(2) Present all candidates and questions in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner.
(3) Allow every voter to cast a vote in every ballot item without difficulty.
(4) Facilitate an accurate vote count.
(5) Are uniform in content and format, subject to varied presentations required or made desirable by different voting systems. (2001-460, s. 3; 2013-381, s. 29.1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014