(a) Posting the Information. - For each election that involves candidates for federal or State office, each county board of elections shall post at each active voting place the following information in a manner and format approved by the State Board of Elections:
(1) A sample ballot as required by G.S. 163-165.2.
(2) The date of the election and the hours the voting place will be open.
(3) Instructions on how to vote, including how to cast a vote or correct a vote on the voting systems available for use in that voting place.
(4) Instructions on how to cast a provisional ballot.
(5) Instructions to mail-in registrants and first-time voters on how to comply with the requirements in section 303(b) of the Help America Vote Act of 2002 concerning voter identifications.
(6) General information on voting rights under applicable federal and State law, including information on the right of an individual to cast a provisional ballot and instructions on how to contact the appropriate officials if the voter believes those rights have been violated.
(7) General information on federal and State laws that prohibit acts of fraud and misrepresentation as to voting and elections.
(b) Intent. - The posting required by subsection (a) of this section is intended to meet the mandate of the voting information requirements in section 302(b) of the Help America Vote Act of 2002. (2003-226, s. 8.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014