As used in this Chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Commission" means the North Carolina State Lottery Commission.
(2) "Commissioner" means a member of the Commission.
(3) "Director" means the person selected by the Commission to be the chief administrator of the North Carolina State Lottery.
(4) "Game" or "lottery game" means any procedure or amusement authorized by the Commission where prizes are distributed among persons who have paid, or unconditionally agreed to pay, for tickets or shares that provide the opportunity to win those prizes and does not utilize a video gaming machine as defined in G.S. 14-306.1(c).
(5) "Lottery" means any lottery game or series of games established and operated pursuant to this Chapter.
(6) "Lottery contractor" means a person other than a lottery retailer with whom the Commission has contracted for the purpose of providing goods or services to the Commission on an ongoing basis.
(6a) "Lottery supplier" means a person, other than a lottery retailer, with whom the Commission has contracted for the purpose of providing goods or services to the Commission for an individual purchase which may include a maintenance program.
(7) "Person" means any natural person or corporation, limited liability company, trust, association, partnership, joint venture, subsidiary, or other business entity.
(7a) "Potential contractor" or "lottery potential contractor" means any person other than a lottery retailer who submits a bid, proposal, or offer to procure a contract for goods or services for the Commission on an ongoing basis.
(8) "Retailer", "lottery retailer", or "lottery game retailer" means a person with whom the Commission has contracted to sell tickets or shares in lottery games.
(9) "Share" means any method of participation in a lottery game, other than by a ticket purchased on an equivalent basis with a ticket.
(10) "Ticket" means any tangible evidence authorized by the Commission to demonstrate participation in a lottery game.
(11) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-357, s. 5, effective July 27, 2009. (2005-344, s. 1; 2005-276, s. 31.1(c); 2009-357, s. 5; 2009-570, s. 32(a).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014