North Carolina General Statutes § 28A-23-2 Payment into court of fund due minor

When any personal representative or collector holds property due a minor without a guardian and desires to file the personal representative's or collector's petition for settlement, the personal representative or collector may deliver the property to the clerk of superior court who shall invest upon interest or otherwise manage said property for the use of the minor or the clerk may proceed to appoint a guardian for the minor pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 35A of the General Statutes and then may deliver the property of the minor to the guardian.  (1868-9, c. 113, s. 97; Code, s. 1526; 1893, c. 317; Rev., s. 151; C.S., s. 153; 1965, c. 815, s. 3; 1973, c. 1329, s. 3; 1987, c. 550, s. 17; 2011-344, s. 4.)

Sections:  Previous  28A-22-6  28A-22-7  28A-22-8  28A-22-9  28A-22-10  28A-22-11  28A-23-1  28A-23-2  28A-23-3  28A-23-4  28A-23-5  28A-24-1  28A-24-2  28A-24-3  28A-24-4  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014