The declaration creating and establishing unit ownership as provided in G.S. 47A-3 of this Article, shall be recorded in the office of the county register of deeds and shall contain the following particulars:
(1) Description of the land on which the building and improvements are or are to be located.
(2) Description of the building, stating the number of stories and basements, the number of units, and the principal materials of which it is constructed.
(3) The unit designation of each unit, and a statement of its location, approximate area, number of rooms, and immediate common area to which it has access, and any other data necessary for its proper identification.
(4) Description of the general common areas and facilities and the proportionate interest of each unit owner therein.
(5) Description of the limited common areas and facilities, if any, stating what units shall share the same and in what proportion.
(6) Statement of the purpose for which the building and each of the units are intended and restricted as to use.
(7) The name of a person to receive service of process in the cases hereinafter provided, together with the residence or the place of business of such person which shall be within the city and county in which the building is located.
(8) Any further details in connection with the property which the person executing the declaration may deem desirable to set forth consistent with this Article.
(9) The method by which the declaration may be amended, consistent with the provisions of this Article. (1963, c. 685, s. 13; 1983, c. 624, s. 2.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014