(a) The original incorporators, a majority of whom shall be domiciled in this State, may organize and establish a savings bank in order to promote the purposes of this Chapter, subject to approval as provided in this Chapter. The original incorporators shall file with the Commissioner of Banks a preliminary application to organize a State savings bank in the form to be prescribed by the Commissioner of Banks, together with the proper nonrefundable application fee.
(b) The Commissioner of Banks shall receive the application to organize a State savings bank not less than 60 days before the scheduled consideration of the application by the Commission. The application shall contain the following:
(1) The original of the certificate of incorporation, which shall be signed by the original incorporators, or a majority of them, and shall be properly acknowledged by a person duly authorized by this State to take proof or acknowledgment of deeds; and two conformed copies;
(2) The names and addresses of the incorporators; and the names and addresses of the initial members of the board of directors;
(3) Statements of the anticipated receipts, expenditures, earnings, and financial condition of the savings bank for its first three years of operation, or any longer period as the Commissioner of Banks may require;
(4) A showing satisfactory to the Commission that:
a. The public convenience and advantage will be served by the establishment of the proposed savings bank;
b. There is a reasonable demand and necessity in the community that will be served by the establishment of the proposed savings bank;
c. The proposed savings bank will have a reasonable probability of sustaining profitable and beneficial operations within a reasonable time in the community in which the proposed savings bank intends to locate;
d. The proposed savings bank, if established, will promote healthy and effective competition in the community in the delivery to the public of savings institution services;
(5) The proposed bylaws; and
(6) Statements, exhibits, maps, and other data that may be prescribed or requested by the Commissioner of Banks, which data shall be sufficiently detailed and comprehensive so as to enable the Commissioner of Banks to pass upon the criteria set forth in this Article.
(c) The application shall be signed by the original incorporators, or a majority of them, and shall be properly acknowledged by a person duly authorized by this State to take proof and acknowledgment of deeds. (1991, c. 680, s. 1; 1991 (Reg. Sess., 1992), c. 829, s. 5; 2001-193, s. 16.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014