(a) Excluding professional limited liability companies governed by G.S. 57D-2-02, each LLC and each foreign LLC authorized to transact business in this State must deliver to the Secretary of State for filing annual reports on a form prescribed by, and in the manner required by, the Secretary of State and as otherwise provided in subsection (b) of this section. Each annual report must specify the year for which the report applies and provide the information required by this subsection. The information must be current as of the date the limited liability company completes the report. If the information in the limited liability company's most recent annual report has not changed, the limited liability company may certify in its annual report that the information has not changed in lieu of restating the information.
The following information must be included in each annual report:
(1) The name of the limited liability company and, in the case of a foreign LLC, any different name that the foreign LLC is authorized under Article 3 of Chapter 55D of the General Statutes to use to transact business in this State, as provided in the foreign LLC's certificate of authority.
(2) In the case of a foreign LLC, the name of the jurisdiction under whose law the foreign LLC is organized.
(3) The street address, and the mailing address if different from the street address, of the limited liability company's registered office in the State, the county in which the registered office is located, the name of its registered agent at that office, and a statement of any change of the registered office or registered agent.
(4) The address and telephone number of its principal office.
(5) The names, titles, and business addresses of the limited liability company's principal company officials.
(6) A brief description of the nature of its business.
(b) The Secretary of State must notify limited liability companies of the annual report filing requirement. The first annual report of a limited liability company is due to be delivered to the Secretary of State by April 15 of the year following (i) in the case of an LLC, the calendar year in which the LLC's articles of organization or articles of organization and conversion filed by the Secretary of State become effective or (ii) in the case of a foreign LLC, the calendar year in which the Secretary of State issues to the foreign LLC a certificate of authority to transact business in this State.
The limited liability company shall deliver an annual report by April 15 of each subsequent year until (i) in the case of an LLC, the effective date of its articles of dissolution filed by the Secretary of State or the effective date of either a certificate of dissolution for an LLC that is not reinstated under G.S. 57D-6-06(c) or a decree of dissolution that is filed by the Secretary of State as provided in G.S. 57D-6-05; (ii) in the case of a foreign LLC, the foreign LLC receives a certificate of withdrawal from the Secretary of State or the Secretary of State revokes the foreign LLC's certificate of authority under Part 3 of Article 7 of this Chapter; or (iii) in the case of either an LLC or foreign LLC, the effective date of a merger or conversion under Article 9 of this Chapter in which the limited liability company is a merging entity or a converting entity but not the surviving entity.
(c) If an annual report does not contain the information required by this section, the Secretary of State shall promptly notify the reporting limited liability company in writing and return the report to it for correction. If the report is corrected to contain the information required by this section and delivered to the Secretary of State within 30 days after the effective date of notice, it is deemed to be timely delivered.
(d) Amendments to any previously filed annual report may be delivered for filing by the Secretary of State at any time for the purpose of correcting, updating, or augmenting the information contained in the annual report. (2013-157, s. 2.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014