(a) The application for registration shall be on a form prescribed by the Secretary of State and shall include the following:
(1) The applicant's name, address, and the organizational form of the business, including the date, and jurisdiction under which the business was organized; the address of each of its offices in this State; and the name and address of each campground located in this State, which is owned or operated, in whole or in part, by the applicant;
(2) The name, address, and principal occupation for the past five years of every officer of the applicant, including its principal managers, and the extent and nature of the interest of each person at the time the application is filed;
(3) A list of all owners of ten percent (10%) or more of the capital stock of the applicant, except that this list is not required if the applicant is a company required to report under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934;
(4) A brief description of and a certified copy of the instrument which creates the applicant's ownership of, or other right to use the campground and the facilities at the campground which are to be available for use by purchasers, and a brief description of any material encumbrance, together with a copy of any lease, license, franchise, reciprocal agreement or other agreement entitling the applicant to use such campground and facilities, and any material provision of the agreement which restricts a purchaser's use of such campground or facilities;
(5) A sample copy of each instrument which will be delivered to a purchaser to evidence his membership in the campground and a sample copy of each agreement which a purchaser will be required to execute;
(6) A list of special taxes or assessments, whether current or proposed, which affect the campground;
(7) A copy of the disclosure statement required by this Article;
(8) A narrative description of the promotional plan for the sale of the membership camping contracts;
(9) A statement of the relationship, if any, between the applicant and other parties owning, controlling or managing the campground and the expected duration of that relationship. If the relationship is a contractual one, a statement of the methods and conditions under which the relationship can be terminated prior to the expected termination of the relationship;
(10) A complete list of locations and addresses of any and all sales offices located within the State;
(11) The names of any other states or foreign countries in which an application for registration of the membership camping operator or the membership camping contract or any similar document has been filed; and
(12) A brief description of the membership camping operator's experience in the membership camping business, including the length of time such operator has been in the membership camping business; and a statement detailing whether the applicant within the past five years has been convicted of any misdemeanor or felony involving theft, fraud, dishonesty, or moral turpitude, or whether the applicant has been enjoined from, had any civil penalty assessed for, or been found to have engaged in any violation of any law designed to protect consumers. If the applicant is a corporation, this statement shall be provided for each officer of the corporation.
(b) The application shall be signed by the membership camping operator, an officer or general partner thereof or by another person holding a power of attorney for this purpose from the membership camping operator. If the application is signed pursuant to a power of attorney, a copy of the power of attorney shall be included with the application.
(c) The application shall be submitted along with the appropriate application fee.
(d) The registration of the membership camping operator shall be renewed annually with the fee required in G.S. 66-236 not later than 30 days prior to the anniversary of the current registration. The application shall include all changes which have occurred in the information included in the application previously filed.
(e) Registration with the Secretary of State shall not be deemed to be an approval or endorsement by the Secretary of State of the membership camping operator, his membership camping contract, or his campground, and any attempt by the membership camping operator to indicate that registration constitutes such approval or endorsement shall be unlawful. (1991 (Reg. Sess., 1992), c. 1009, s. 4; 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 742, s. 34.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014